Foundation of the enterprise, evacuation from Kremenchug
Kurgandormash JSC, one of the city-forming enterprises of the city of Kurgan, was founded in 1941 in connection with the evacuation of the Ukrainian road equipment plant from the city of Kremenchug. For the first few years, Kurgandormash workers worked on the production of components for military shells for various purposes, individual systems and weapons on the direct orders of the People's Commissariat. Over the years of the war, the company mass-produced more than 10 types of specially fueled equipment for various needs of the front, including on the basis of GAZ-AAA cars with the name BZ-42 in modifications.
Release of the first autofuel-servicing truck
In 1942, the plant received a task to produce gas tanks and fuel trucks BZ-42 on the GAZ-AAA chassis for fueling aircraft. In total, 10 types of products were mastered: gas containers, flamethrowers, gun parts and shells for the Katyusha guards rocket mortar.
Release of the first asphalt distributor
From 1950 to 1966. The first autogudronator D-251 was released into mass production.
Road Car Launch
Conversion of plant to OJSC
In December 1992, the plant was transformed into a joint-stock company.
Winner of the All-Russian competition
In 2001, Kurgandormash became the laureate of the All-Russian competition for the best enterprise for the development, manufacture, operation of new domestic construction and road and communal equipment, introducing new developments that have no analogues in Russia: a bituminous-grain distributor DS-180 and a vacuum sweeping machine КО-318.
In 2006, the company had a change of ownership and a new team of managers revised many issues of technical and sales policy. The product line has not undergone fundamental changes. The most important thing is to produce what is in demand by the market and pursue a competent advertising policy.
Move to new territory
The move of Kurgandormash from the city center to the territory of the former Kurganpribor-A enterprise began in 2013. For the development of production, the enterprise lacked space. The plant was located in workshops that were scattered throughout the territory, their area was 8 thousand m ². After the move, the company became 18 thousand m ². All production is organized under one roof, which significantly reduced the costs of the plant. The full transfer of capacity ended in 2015.
Brand new logo and branding
Billion of revenue
2018 became indicative and very important for the enterprise, since Kurgandormash closed it with a billion in revenue!
This is a very good indicator not only for the Kurgan region, but also for the manufacturers of special equipment in Russia as a whole.
In 2019, the plant began to implement a technical re-equipment program, within the framework of which more than 15 units of new modern machines for metal cutting and metalworking were put into production. This equipment is designed to improve quality and increase productivity by 30%
Import substitution in action
The plant has put into mass production more than 5 units of new equipment! This is a mini-loader Termit-1000, and universal communal machines UKM-2500M and UKM-1500, and a new KO-318D4 road vacuum cleaner, etc.